Download Printable PDF
1 large cucumber
1 tablespoon salt
3 cups plain yogurt/Greek yogurt
2 cloves (or 1 teaspoon garlic powder) garlic, chopped
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 tablespoon dill, dry
- Wash, peel and grate 1 cucumber. Sprinkle the grated cucumber with salt (draws out water). Let sit 10 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, mix together yogurt, chopped garlic, lemon juice and dill.
- Put grated cucumber into a clean tea towel or paper towel and squeeze out extra liquid. Add drained grated cucumber to yogurt mixture. Stir well.
- Taste before adding any extra salt. Add extra salt only if needed.
- Place in refrigerator for at least 2 hours before serving so flavours can blend. Will keep for 3 days in the refrigerator.