Download Printable PDF
1 can (120 g) flaked light tuna, drained
8-10 soda crackers, crushed*
1/4 cup onions, finely chopped
1/4 cup carrots, grated
1/4 cup cheese, grated
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 tsp parsley, dried (optional)
sprinkle dill, dried (optional)
sprinkle black pepper (optional)
* Instead of crackers, you can use ¼ cup oats. Oats are higher in fibre.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the egg.
- Stir in all the remaining ingredients.
- Divide mixture into 4 parts. Form into 4 balls and flatten into patties on greased baking tray.
- Bake for 10 minutes and then turn over and bake for another 5 minutes. (Or, instead of baking, turn stove top to medium heat. Place small amount of oil in frying pan. Fry on both sides until browned.)
Makes 4 patties
- Add in other vegetables in your fridge or freezer, such as corn, celery, peppers, peas, green onions
- Add horseradish, hot sauce, Tabasco, or salsa for extra flavour
- Use canned salmon instead of tuna – crush the bones with a fork before mixing in