Tomato Bean Soup with Cheese
Download Printable PDF
1 can (540 mL) diced tomatoes
1 can (398 mL) beans in tomato sauce
2 cups water
1 teaspoon basil, dried
1 teaspoon parsley, dried
1 cup macaroni, whole wheat
1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- Add all ingredients (except cheese) to a large pot. Bring to a boil over high heat.
- Turn heat down to low and simmer for 12 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Stir occasionally so the beans do not stick to the bottom of the pot.
- Add a can or 1 cup frozen corn for added flavour and nutrition.
- Serve with a whole wheat biscuit, bun, bread or bannock.
- If using whole wheat macaroni, it will take a bit longer to cook (12-14 minutes).