Tofu & Bok Choy Stir Fry
Download Printable PDF
1 package of extra firm tofu
2 tablespoons oil
5 baby bok choy stalks, washed and chopped
(or 4 cups chopped vegetables of your choice such as carrots, celery, broccoli)
2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon ginger powder (or 1/2 tablespoon fresh ginger)
1 tablespoon brown sugar or honey
- Pat tofu dry with paper towel and then cut into bite-size pieces.
- In a frying pan on medium heat, add oil and tofu.
- Stir fry until tofu pieces are light brown. It takes about 6 minutes.
- Add to pan: bok choy, (or chopped vegetables) and garlic.
- Stir fry on medium for about 2 minutes or until bok choy begins to wilt. (Harder vegetables will take longer – up to 10 minutes)
- Mix the following ingredients in a bowl and add to the pan: soy sauce, ginger, brown sugar or honey.
- Stir in sauce and mix well.
Try serving over brown rice or whole wheat pasta or noodles.