Sweet Potato Fries
2 medium sweet potatoes
2 tablespoons canola oil
1/2 teaspoon paprika
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400ºF
- Wash sweet potatoes well under cool, running water. Pat dry with a paper towel or clean tea towel.
- Cut sweet potatoes into thin strips and place in a medium bowl.
- Add oil, paprika, garlic powder and pepper to bowl and stir until sweet potatoes are evenly covered with spices.
- Place the sweet potatoes on a greased baking sheet and spread in a single layer, leaving a bit of space between each fry.
- Place in oven and cook for 20 minutes (turn fries after 10 minutes to help them cook evenly). Fries are done once the edges are slightly brown and crispy.
Tip: You do not need to peel sweet potatoes. They will be higher in fibre if the skin is left on.