1 cup water
1/4 cup brown rice
1 tomato, large
1 tbsp canola oil
1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
1 stock celery, finely chopped
1 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1 tsp basil, finely chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1 tbsp or slice cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°C.
- In a large pot water and rice.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and cover for 45 minutes.
- Wash your tomato, then cut the tops off and gently scoop out the pulp and put aside for later use.
- In a large bowl mix together: rice, oil, onion, celery, parsley, basil, salt, pepper, cheese. Add pulp from inside the tomato.
- Use a spoon to fill the tomato with the rice mixture.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
– Add any vegetables from your fridge or freezer.
– Use a pepper instead of tomato.
– To make into a meal add ¼ cup of black beans.