6 potatoes, peeled and cubed
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp margarine
1 tablespoon oil
1 medium onion (chopped)
2 cloves garlic (chopped)
3/4 pounds (340 grams) ground beef
1 can (398 mL) tomatoes
2 cups mixed vegetables (frozen)
1 teaspoon thyme
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- In a large pot of water, add potatoes. Bring to a boil and cook for 20 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Drain.
- Mix in milk and margarine. Mash potatoes until soft. Set aside.
- In a large pan, add: oil, onion, garlic, and beef. Cook ground beef until no longer pink. Drain fat and place mixture back into pan.
- Add the following to beef mixture and cook for 5 minutes: tomatoes, mixed vegetables, thyme, cumin, black pepper, Worcestershire sauce.
- Place beef and vegetable mixture into casserole dish. Spread mashed potatoes over the entire mixture.
- Place casserole in oven at 350 F for about 25 minutes.