Raisin Bran Muffins
Download Printable PDF
2 cups all-bran cereal, flakes
1 cup raisins
2 cups boiling water
3 bananas, mashed
2 eggs, beaten
¼ cup vegetable oil
½ cup sugar, white
2 cups whole wheat flour
½ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 350.F.
- In a small bowl combine milk and lemon juice or vinegar. Letstand for 10 minutes. This is how to make soured milk (orbuttermilk).
- In a large bowl combine flour, cereal, sugar, cinnamon, bakingpowder, baking soda, salt, raisins and grated carrot.
- Add soured milk, oil and beaten egg to flour mixture. Mixtogether until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Grease muffin tins or use paper muffin liners. Spoon batter intomuffin pan to fill 2/3 full and bake for 20 minutes.
Makes 24 muffins
- To test if muffins are done: Stick a fork or toothpick in the centre of a muffin and pull it out. If it comes out clean the muffins are done.
- To soften brown sugar if it hardens: Put the brown sugar in a glass bowl in the microwave. Place a mug of hot water next to it.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds. If it is still hard, microwave for another 30 seconds or longer. Be careful not to melt the sugar.