Peanut Butter Trail Mix Bars
2/3 cup almonds (or any nuts or seeds)
2/3 cup peanuts (or any nuts or seeds)
1 1/2 cups oats, quick or rolled
1/3 cup ground flaxseed
1/2 cup chocolate chips
2/3 cup raisins (or any dried fruit, chopped)
1 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup honey
1/2 teaspoon salt
- Line a 8×8-inch baking pan with parchment paper or wax paper, leaving extra on the sides to pull the bars out of the pan.
- Put nuts into a plastic bag and chop them into smaller pieces using a hard object (like a jar of peanut butter).
- In a large bowl, place chopped nuts, oats, ground flaxseed, chocolate chips, and raisins. Mix together.
- In a separate microwave safe bowl, melt peanut butter in microwave. Approximately 20-30 seconds. Stir in honey and salt. Mix well and allow to cool slightly so the chocolate chips don’t melt.
- Pour peanut butter mixture in the bowl with the dry ingredients. Fold ingredients together using a spoon until everything is well coated.
- Press mixture into lined pan, packing it tightly. Cover and refrigerate about one hour.
- Pull bars out of the pan by pulling on parchment paper and set onto a cutting board.
- Cut into 12 bars. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for one week.
Makes 12 bars
NOTE: These are not suitable for babies or kids under 4 years old as the nuts can be a choking hazard.
If you can’t use Peanut Butter or Almond Butter because of allergy concerns, you can try peanut-free options like WOWbutter (soy) or SunButter (sunflower seed)