Peanut Butter Pancakes
Download Printable PDF
1⁄2 cup flour, whole wheat
1⁄2 cup flour, white
1 teaspoon baking soda
1⁄4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon sugar
1 large egg
1⁄3 cup peanut butter, smooth
1 1⁄4 cups milk
1 tablespoon oil
- In a bowl, mix together egg, peanut butter and milk with a fork or whisk until smooth (heating peanut butter first for 10 seconds in microwave first makes mixing easier).
- Add flour, baking soda, salt and sugar to the bowl. Stir well but do not over-mix (a few lumps are okay).
- Heat frying pan to medium heat. Add a small amount of oil.
- Pour about 1⁄4 cup batter on pan for each pancake. Cook pancakes for 2 minutes until bubbles rise to the surface of the batter and burst.
- When the pancakes are golden brown on the bottom, flip them. Let them cook 2 to 3 more minutes – until both sides are golden brown. Re-oil pan to make more.
- Enjoy pancakes topped with pureed strawberries, applesauce, vanilla yogurt or fresh fruit.
Makes 10 small pancakes