Download Printable PDF
1⁄2 cup old Fashioned Oats*
1⁄2 cup milk
1 teaspoon brown sugar (or Maple syrup)
1⁄4 cup fruit, cut up (fresh, frozen or canned)
* Also known as “Large Flake” or “Rolled” oats.
- Add oats, milk and brown sugar to a cereal bowl or a reusable container with a lid. Stir well with a spoon.
- If using frozen fruit, mix it in now (it will thaw in the fridge overnight). Cover container/bowl with a lid or plastic wrap.
- Put in the fridge overnight.
- In the morning remove container/bowl from fridge. (If using fresh or canned fruit, add it to the oats now.)
- Stir and enjoy!
Makes 1 Serving
Top oats with a handful of chopped nuts, seeds, shredded coconut, or raisins, just before eating
Try adding in one or more of the following ingredients (in Step 1 of the directions):
– For a thicker texture, mix in 2 teaspoons of chia seed or flax seed
– For a creamier texture, add 1⁄4 cup Greek yogurt or 1-2 Tablespoons peanut butter or other nut/seed butter
– Boost the taste by mixing in 1⁄4 teaspoon vanilla or cinnamon
- If you prefer thinner oatmeal, add in 1⁄4 cup extra milk in Step 1
- You can use quick oats instead of rolled oats. The oatmeal will be softer and have less texture, but will still be tasty!
- You can prepare a few bowls of oats at a time – they will keep in the fridge for 3-4 days