Download Printable PDF
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1⁄2 cup vegetables, finely chopped (any you like) – tomatoes, red or green peppers, mushrooms, onions
2 tablespoons milk or water
1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or other spices you like)
2 tablespoon cheddar cheese, shredded
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a medium-size frying pan.
- Add vegetables. Cook until vegetables are soft. Place in a bowl. Set aside for later.
- In a separate bowl, mix together eggs, milk (or water) and spices.
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in frying pan.
- Pour egg mixture into frying pan and as eggs cook around the edge, gently push the cooked eggs towards the centre. Tilt and move uncooked egg into empty spaces until almost cooked.
- Add your cooked vegetables and cheese (if using) onto half of the omelette
- With a plastic spatula, flip half egg onto itself.
- Slide spatula under omelette, lift and place on plate and enjoy.
Did you know?
- Eggs are a good source of iron and protein.
- Eggs can be a given to a baby after 6 months.
- Vegetable to try: tomatoes, onions, green peppers, red peppers, mushrooms, broccoli, zucchini, etc.