Oatmeal Raisin Cookies (no eggs)
1 3/4 cups quick oats
1/2 cup flour (white or whole wheat)
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 cup margarine
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup raisins
1/2 cup warm water
- Preheat oven to 350º F. Grease a baking sheet with margarine, set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix oats, flour, baking soda, baking powder and cinnamon.
- In a separate bowl mix margarine and sugar together until smooth
- Add to oat mixture and stir until combined.
- Then stir in raisins and warm water. Mix until combined.
- Drop one round tablespoon of dough onto greased baking sheet 2 inches apart, flatten cookies slightly with fork or hand.
- Place your cookie sheet on middle rack in oven and bake for 12 minutes or until golden brown on edges. Bake a few minutes longer if you like crispier cookies.
- Cool cookies on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing.
Makes about 12-18 cookies (depending how large you make them)
- This recipes does not contain eggs, great cookie for people with egg allergies.
- Replace raisins with cranberries.
- If using chocolate chips instead of raisins, use cold water or your chocolate chips will melt while mixing.