No-Cook Strawberry Freezer Jam
Download Printable PDF
6 cups fresh strawberries
1 1⁄2 cups white sugar
1 package (45 grams) pectin crystals, must say “freezer jam” on label
- Wash strawberries and remove the green tops using a small knife.
- In a large bowl, crush berries one layer at a time using a potato masher. You should end up with about 4 cups of crushed fruit.
- In a small bowl mix white sugar and pectin crystals together. Add pectin mixture to large bowl of crushed berries. Stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Use a ladle or measuring cup to pour berry mixture into clean jars or clean plastic containers. Do not fill jars right to the top – leave 1⁄2 inch (1 cm) of space at top.
- Wipe rims of jars with a clean cloth or a paper towel. Cover with lids.
- Let jars sit on counter for 30 minutes to allow jam to thicken.
- After 30 minutes, jam is ready to eat! If not eating immediately, store safely in fridge for up to 3 weeks or in freezer for up to 1 year. Do not store jam at room temperature.
Makes 5 jars – 1 cup (250 ml) each
- For a different flavour, replace some of the strawberries with fresh blueberries or peeled and chopped peaches.
- Use very ripe fruit – it’s easier to crush and gives the best flavor.
- Only use pectin labeled “freezer jam”. Regular pectin will not work in this recipe.
- Find pectin in canning section of grocery stores or in other stores where canning supplies are sold.