M&M Chocolate Cookie Mix in a Jar
Download Printable PDF
2/3 cup white flour
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup white sugar
3 tablespoons cocoa powder
1/3 cup M&Ms
1/3 cup white chocolate chips
1/4 cup margarine or softened butter
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions to make dry cookie mix:
- In small bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside.
- Add each dry ingredient to a 500 ml (2 cup) jar or container carefully, one layer at a time. After adding each ingredient, gently shake the jar to flatten out the layer. Suggested order for layers: sugar, cocoa powder, flour mixture, M&Ms, white chocolate chips. (The butter, egg and vanilla do not go into the jar.)
Directions for baking cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease baking sheet or line with parchment paper
- In large bowl, cream together butter, egg and vanilla using a large spoon, whisk, or fork. The mixture will lumpy.
- Add contents of jar and mix together. Dough will be stiff.
- Scoop out 1 Tablespoon of dough at a time and form into a ball. Space cookies about 2 inches apart. Flatten each ball slightly.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes. Cool tray on wire rack.
Makes about 12 cookies.