Mediterranean Tuna Pasta
2 cups whole wheat pasta
2 teaspoons oil
1/2 onion onion, chopped
3 cloves (or 1 1/2 tsp of garlic powder) garlic, chopped or minced
2 teaspoons basil
2 teaspoons oregano
1 carrot, diced
1 celery, diced
1 can (540 ml) tomatoes, diced
1 can (170 grams) chunk light tuna, drained and broken up
- In a pot of boiling water, stir in pasta. Reduce heat to medium high, stir, and cook until pasta is tender (about 10 minutes) and drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan add oil, onion, garlic, basil, oregano. Cook and stir on medium heat until onion is soft.
- Add carrot, celery, tomatoes, tuna. Cook on medium heat for about 20-30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add cooked pasta, mix together and serve!
– Health Canada recommends eating 2 servings of fish each week.
– You can substitute canned tuna for any type of fish you prefer.
– If you have questions about the safety of fish speak to a Healthy Start dietitian.