Marinated Vegetable Salad
5 tablespoons oil
5 tablespoons vinegar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons basil
2 teaspoons garlic powder
6 cups chopped vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, celery, cucumber)
- To make Italian dressing add oil, vinegar, salt, black pepper, oregano, basil and garlic powder in a small bowl. Mix well with a fork.
- Wash and cut up your favourite vegetables into bite-sized pieces and place in a large bowl.
- Pour dressing over vegetables and mix together.
- Serve and enjoy!
- Leave the salad to chill for at least an hour in the fridge to help the vegetables marinate in the dressing and become more flavourful.
- Add cooked or canned beans, leftover cooked chicken, or tofu to add extra protein. If you add cooked pasta or rice – you have a meal!