Layered Bean Taco Dip
1 can kidney beans
1 teaspoon lemon (or lime) juice
1 cup sour cream
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon or 1 clove garlic, crushed
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup cheese, grated
2 green onions, chopped
1/2 green pepper, chopped
1 large tomato, chopped
1/2 cup black olives, sliced
- In a medium bowl mash kidney beans. Spread on the bottom of a square pan.
- Peel and mash avocado in a small bowl. Stir in lemon juice. Spread over beans in pan.
- Mix spices (chili powder, cumin, garlic and salt) into sour cream. Spread sour cream over avocado layer.
- Sprinkle shredded cheese over sour cream layer. Top with green onion, green pepper, tomato and olives.
- Serve with baked tortilla or pita chips, or crackers.