Download Printable PDF
15 lasagna noodles, broken
1 pound (454 grams) lean ground beef or lentils (see tip)
1 small onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced (or
1 teaspoon garlic powder)
2 teaspoons basil, dried
2 teaspoons oregano, dried
1 can (284 mL) mushrooms, sliced
1 green pepper, chopped
1 can (750 mL) tomato sauce
1 can (398 mL) tomatoes, diced
parmesan cheese (enough to sprinkle on top)
- In a large pot of boiling water, add broken lasagna noodles. Bring to a boil and cook until noodle pieces are tender, about 8-10 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- In a separate pot, add beef, onion, garlic, basil and oregano. Cook over medium heat until ground beef is browned. Drain the fat.
- Add mushrooms, green pepper, tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Mix together and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add cooked lasagna noodle pieces and mix together. Cook for 5 minutes and sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- To make a vegetarian option, replace the ground beef with lentils (you can add 2 cups of dried lentils or a 540mL can of lentils to the meal bag).