Download Printable PDF
3/4 cup white flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup milk
2 eggs, beaten
1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
6 teaspoons margarine or butter
- Add white flour and salt to a large bowl. Mix together using a whisk.
- Add in milk, egg and 1 tablespoon melted margarine. Whisk mixture together until smooth (no lumps), about 2 minutes.
- Heat a small (8” or 9”) frying pan over medium heat. Melt 1 teaspoon of margarine in pan.
- For each of the 6 crepes:
– Melt 1 teaspoon of margarine in pan
– Pour ¼ cup batter into centre of pan. Quickly rotate pan until a thin film covers the entire bottom.
– Cook until lightly browned, about 30 seconds to 1 minute.
– Run spatula around entire edge of crepe to loosen. Use the spatula to turn the crepe over.
– Continue cooking for another 30 seconds to 1 minute.
– Place crepes on a plate.
- Fill each crepe with your favourite topping, roll up, and serve.
- You can use an electric hand mixer or blender, instead of a whisk, to combine all ingredients.
- Store cooked crepes in the fridge for up to 3 days or in the freezer for 4 months. Place a piece of waxed paper between each crepe to prevent them from sticking.