Download Printable PDF
1 pound (454 grams) ground beef
¼ cup oats
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a medium bowl, add: ground beef, oats, egg, salt, pepper, garlic. Mix well.
- Shape the mixture into 6 balls using your hands. Press the balls down to make flat burgers.
- Place 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil in a pan and allow the pan to warm up over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add all of the burgers to the pan and cook for about 5 minutes on each side. Top each burger with a piece of cheese during the last minute of cooking.Is my burger cooked?
*Use a meat thermometer to take the temperature in the thickest part of the meat. Cook until the thermometer reads 71ºC (160ºF).
- Serve on a whole wheat bun with slices of tomatoes, lettuce and other vegetables.
Homemade Big Mac Sauce:
In a bowl add:
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons French dressing
4 teaspoons sweet pickle relish
1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1 teaspoon sugar
1/8 teaspoon salt
Stir all ingredients together and spread a small amount on your burger.