Hearty Bean & Corn Burritos
Download Printable PDF
2 cans (540 mL) Kidney beans, drained & rinsed
1 can (796 mL) Diced tomatoes, drained
2 Tablespoons Chili powder
2 teaspoons Garlic powder
1 Tablespoon Cumin
1 can (341 mL) Corn, whole kernel, drained
2 cups Cheddar cheese, shredded
4 Green onions, chopped (optional)
1-2 bags (10-20 tortillas) Large flour tortillas, whole wheat
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a large bowl, add beans, drained tomatoes and spices. Mash well using a fork, potato masher or hand mixer.
- Add corn, cheese and green onions (if using) and mix together.
- Spread about ¼ cup of filling on each tortilla and roll up.
- Place rolled tortillas on a baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.
Makes about 20 burritos
(If you have only 1 bag of tortillas, use half the filling mixture to make 10 burritos, and freeze the other half for another time.)
– Spread extra bean mixture on toasted whole wheat bread or crackers, or use as a dip
– Add chopped green or red peppers to the burrito filling
– Mix in ½ pound (0.25 kg) of cooked ground meat to the filling
– If you like spicy burritos, add hot sauce to the mixture, or drizzle on top after cooking
– You can freeze burritos in freezer bag. Reheat on plate in microwave for a quick meal