1⁄2 cup milk or water
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 cups vegetables, finely chopped, any you like (tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, onions, spinach, broccoli, zucchini, leftover diced potatoes)
Pinch of each (1/8 teaspoon) Salt, pepper, garlic (or other spices you like)
1 cup cheese, any kind
- Whisk eggs and milk in a bowl and set aside.
- Add oil to frying pan. Heat over medium heat. Add vegetables and spices. Cook until vegetables are soft, stirring frequently.
- Pour in egg mixture. As egg sets around edge of pan, use a spatula to gently lift cooked portions to allow uncooked egg to flow underneath. Cook until bottom is set and top is almost set.
- Sprinkle cheese over top. Cover pan with lid for 2 to 3 minutes to allow cheese to melt and puff up frittata.
- Loosen around edge of frittata. Cut into wedges and serve.
Tuna and Peas Frittata:
Fry 1 chopped onion and 1 chopped celery stalk. Stir in 1 can drained Tuna and 1⁄2 cup frozen peas. Heat. Add, 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese and 1 teaspoon dried basil. Pour in egg mixture and let cook.