Easy Pizza Dough & Sauce
Download Printable PDF
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup white flour
¼ teaspoon salt
1 package (7g) or 2 ¼ teaspoons instant (quick-rise) yeast
1 cup warm water (not hot)
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
½ cup white flour (for kneading and to soften dough)
1 can (213 mL) tomato sauce
1 teaspoon oregano
1 teaspoon basil
½ teaspoon garlic powder
½ teaspoon sugar
- Preheat oven to 400. F – if planning to eat right away.
- In a large bowl, mix together whole wheat flour, 1 cup white flour, salt and yeast.
- Stir in warm water and vegetable oil. Slowly stir in more white flour (up to . cup) to make dough soft.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured surface. Knead dough (work in flour with the palms of your hands) until it is smooth and elastic, about 10 minutes.
- Shape dough into a ball. Cover with plastic wrap or place in a bowl with a tight-fitting lid. Let rest for 10 minutes. Then roll out with a rolling pin or flatten with your hands.
- Gently spread dough onto a greased baking pan.
- Prepare pizza sauce: mix remaining ingredients together in a bowl. Spread sauce on pizza dough and add toppings and cheese of your choice.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden.
Makes 1 pizza
- Keep dough in plastic wrap in fridge for 8 hours, or in a freezer bag in freezer for 1 month.
- Make an extra batch of pizza sauce and store in the freezer for a quick spaghetti sauce.
- Toppings to try: sliced peppers, mushrooms, tomatoes, pineapple, olives, onions or leftover chicken.