Download Printable PDF
1 avocado, ripe
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 clove (or 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder) fresh garlic, chopped
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon fresh cilantro, chopped (optional)
- Slice avocado lengthwise all around and twist to open. Scoop out both sides and put in bowl.
- Add lime juice, garlic, salt (and cilantro, if using).
- Mash with fork until combined.
- Serve right away. To store, press the plastic wrap close to the surface of guacamole and put in the fridge for no longer than 3 days.
• How can I tell if an avocado is ripe? Gently squeeze it with your fingers:
– If the avocado yields to firm, gentle pressure, it is ripe and ready to eat.
– If it doesn’t yield to gentle pressure, it is “firm” and will be ripe in a couple of days.
• Spread on crackers, use as a dip, or add to sandwiches or burgers