Chicken Pasta Fagioli Soup
Download Printable PDF
0.25 kg (or 0.5 pound) ground chicken
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 small onion, chopped
1 carrot, chopped
1 celery, chopped
2 teaspoons garlic powder
2 teaspoons parsley
2 teaspoons oregano
2 teaspoons basil
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups water
1 cup pasta, small shells
1 can (398 mL) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 can (540 mL) tomatoes, diced
- Add ground chicken, oil, onion, carrot, celery and all spices to a large pot. Break up meat into small pieces with a large spoon. Cook meat until no longer pink inside.
- Add water to pot. Increase heat to high and bring to a boil. Add pasta and turn down to medium-high to simmer. Cook pasta for 10 minutes or until tender.
- Add kidney beans and tomatoes. Return to a boil. Turn off element and serve soup.
– Use any type of small pasta instead of the shells: macaroni, broken up spaghetti, etc.
– At 9 months, babies are ready for finger foods like kidney beans and small cooked pasta.