Cheesy Ground Beef Casserole
Download Printable PDF
1 ½ cups whole wheat macaroni
1 Tablespoon oil
1 pound (454 grams) ground beef
½ onion, chopped
1 can (284 mL) tomato soup
1 can (284 mL) canned peas and carrots, drained
¾ cup cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a large pot of boiling water add whole wheat macaroni. Cook for about 8 minutes or until macaroni is tender. Drain and set aside.
- In a large frying pan, add oil, ground beef, and onion.
- Use a fork or spoon to break up the meat while cooking. Cook until ground beef is brown. Drain fat and return to the pan.
- Add tomato soup, peas and carrots to the frying pan. Pour mixture into a casserole dish and top with grated cheese (or you can use 4 cheese slices instead).
- Bake in oven uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Try adding ground beef and cook with onion and celery until it is no longer pink.
- Use different types of canned bean and legumes like black beans, lentils, or navy beans.