Cheesy Ground Beef Casserole
Download Printable PDF
1½ cups macaroni
1 pound (0.45 kg) ground beef
1 small onion, chopped
1 can (284 ml) condensed tomato soup
1 can (284 ml) mixed vegetables, drained
¾ cup cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a medium pot of boiling water, add macaroni and cook for 8 minutes, or until macaroni is tender. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a large pot, add ground beef and onion. Cook until ground beef is browned. Drain the fat.
- Add tomato soup, mixed vegetables and cooked macaroni to pot with ground beef. Stir together and pour mixture into a greased casserole dish. Top with grated cheese.
- Bake in oven uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Buying pre-shredded cheese at the store is expensive. Buy a block of cheese instead and shred it with a cheese grater to save money.
- Instead of using canned vegetables, use your favourite fresh or frozen vegetables, such as carrots, corn or zucchini.