Download Printable PDF
1 pound (0.5 kg) ground beef, lean
1 onion, chopped
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 cup corn, frozen kernels
1 large tomato, sliced
2 cups flour
1 tablespoon baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/3 cup margarine
1 1/2 cups milk
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- In a frying pan, add ground beef, onion, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook until ground meat is browned and no longer pink inside.
- Add corn to frying pan and heat through. Spread ground meat and corn into casserole dish.
- Layer casserole with sliced tomato and grated cheese.
- Make the biscuit topping:
-In a large bowl, use a fork to whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
-Mix in margarine with a fork or hands until mixture is crumbly.
– Add milk, mixing until just blended.
- Spread the biscuit topping evenly over casserole.
- Bake uncovered for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown.