Blueberry Peach Muffins
1 1/4 cups milk
1 1/4 tablespoons vinegar or lemon juice
1 1/2 cups quick cooking oats
1 cup canned peaches, drained and diced
2 egg, beaten
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 cup white sugar
1 1/4 cup all purpose flour
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 Tablespoon baking powder
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup blueberries, frozen
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with paper muffin cups. Set aside.
- In a bowl, add vinegar to milk to make buttermilk. Add oats and stir to combine. Set aside for 5 minutes. Stir in peaches, sugar, eggs, and oil.
- In a bowl, combine flour, baking powder, ginger, cinnamon, and salt. Add blueberries and coat with flour. Pour buttermilk mixture into flour mixture and stir until combined.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin pan or paper muffin cups.
- Bake at 400° F for 23-25 minutes.
- To test if the muffins are done: Stick a fork or toothpick in the centre of a muffin and pull it out. If it comes out clean the muffins are done.
Makes 12 muffins
– To increase fibre use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose or a combination of both.
– You can use fresh or canned peaches.
– You can replace frozen blueberries with any fruit of your choice.
Recipe adapted from Unlock Food https://www.unlockfood.ca/en/Recipes/Snacks/Fruity-Tutti-Muffins.aspx