1 tablespoon of oil
1 pound (0.455 kg) stewing beef, cubed
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon pepper
3 cups water
1 can (398 mL) tomato sauce
2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
2 sticks carrots, peeled and chopped
1 medium onion, chopped
1/2 cup flour
1 cup water, cold
- In a pot, heat oil.
- Add beef, brown on all sides.
- Add salt, pepper, water, tomato sauce. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low.
- Add vegetables*. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until potatoes are tender.
- In a bowl, add flour and water. Mix until smooth.
- Add to the pot and continue to simmer for about 20 minutes or until stew is thickened.
* You can add any vegetables you like to the stew.