Download Printable PDF
1 can kidney beans (540 mL), mashed
1 cup sweet potato, grated
1 cup cheddar cheese, grated
½ cup quick oats
¼ cup onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon parsley
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon cumin
1 teaspoon garlic
¼ teaspoon coriander
¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- On a plate, mash kidney beans with a fork.
- Peel sweet potato and grate.
- Grate cheese.
- In a large bowl add; mashed kidney beans, grated sweet potato, grated cheese, quick oats, chopped onion, parsley, salt, chili powder, cumin, garlic, coriander, red pepper flakes and 1 beaten egg.
- Mix together until well combined.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Form bean mixture into 9 patties and place onto baking sheet.
- Cook for 20 minutes (10 minutes on each side).
- Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
Makes 9 burgers