3 cups flour
2 tablespoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup oil
1 1/2 cups warm water
- Preheat the oven to 400F.
- Grease a baking sheet with margarine or oil.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl.
- Make a hole in the middle of your flour mixture and slowly pour oil and water into the middle of the hole. Gently stir the flour into the liquid.
- Knead dough until everything is just combined. Do not overmix.
- Let dough rest 5 to 10 minutes.
- Place the dough onto the baking sheet. Flatten with your hand – about 2 inches thick and prick dough with a fork all over.
- Bake for about 20 minutes. The bannock is ready when it turns a golden brown colour.
Makes 1 loaf