Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal
Download Printable PDF
1 can (398 mL) canned pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie “filling”)
1/3 cup white sugar
1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
1 1⁄2 cups milk
2 1⁄2 cups quick oats
1⁄2 cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 375F.
- In a large bowl, use a fork or whisk to mix together the pumpkin puree, sugar, egg, pumpkin pie spice, salt and baking powder until smooth. Whisk in milk.
- Add the oats and raisins into the pumpkin mixture.
- Grease an 9 x 13” baking dish (or rectangular casserole dish) with oil or margarine. Pour in the pumpkin oat mixture.
- Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes, or until the centre no longer looks wet and the edges are golden brown. Try topping the oatmeal with vanilla yogurt. Store leftovers in fridge.
– Look for canned pumpkin in the baking aisle at the grocery store.
– You can make 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice by mixing: 11⁄2 tsp ground cinnamon, 3⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger, 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice and 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg