Baked Corn Tortilla Chips
12 small corn tortillas
1 Tablespoon vegetable oil
salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- Brush both sides of each tortilla with oil.
- Stack the tortillas and cut the pile into 6 pieces to make triangle chips.
- Spread the chips out in a single layer on two large baking sheets. Sprinkle salt over chips.
- Bake until golden brown and crisp, about 12-15 minutes.
- Enjoy! Serves 4 to 6
- Serve with Healthy Start’s Layered Bean Taco Dip or Easy Guacamole (www.hsmm.ca)
- Try sprinkling spices onto the chips as soon as you take them out of the oven, e.g. garlic powder, chili powder, cumin
- For a tangy flavour, mix a bit of lime juice into the vegetable oil before brushing it onto chips