Apple Oatmeal Crisp
6 apples peeled, cored, sliced
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 cup flour (any kind)
1 cup oats
1 cup brown sugar
2/3 cup margarine or butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In a medium bowl, mix together apples, white sugar and cinnamon.
- In a large bowl, add oats, brown sugar and margarine. Use a pastry blender (or two knives) to cut into oat mixture until it looks like crumbs.
- Lightly grease a 9 x13 baking dish.
- Spread 1/2 oat mixture on bottom of baking dish.
- Spoon apple mixture over top.
- Add the other 1/2 of oat mixture on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes or until hot and golden on top.
Instead of apples use:
- fresh or canned peaches or
- fresh or frozen blueberries