ABC Fritters & Dip
(Amazing Broccoli Carrot)Download Printable PDF
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/2 teaspoon parsley
1/4 teaspoon oregano
1/4 teaspoon basil
1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
1/8 teaspoon onion powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small bowl, mix all the ingredients together. Put in the fridge while you make the fritters.
ABC Fritters Ingredients:
3 cups (about 250g) frozen broccoli florets
2 carrots, whole
Up to 3 green onions
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
¼ teaspoon salt
½ cup flour, white or whole wheat
1 tablespoon oil (used to coat frying pan)
- Thaw frozen broccoli by placing florets in a bowl of hot water, let sit for 3 minutes, then drain off water and put florets on a paper towel lined plate. Chop broccoli thinly.
NOTE: If you have fresh broccoli, wash it and cook it: add broccoli to a pot of boiling water (enough water to just cover broccoli), lower heat, add lid and simmer/steam for about 5 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water, place on paper towel lined plate. Chop broccoli thinly.
- Wash carrots and green onions under cool running water.
- Peel and grate carrots using a small-holed cheese grater. Chop green onions thinly.
- Add broccoli, carrots and green onions to a large bowl. Also add the garlic powder, salt, flour, eggs and mix very well.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large frying pan over medium heat. Once hot, add the mixture in ¼ cup scoops and flatten each fritter with a spatula.
- Cook the fritters for 4 minutes on each side, until golden brown on both sides. Add another teaspoon of oil between batches. Place cooked fritters onto a plate. Serve with dip. Makes 10 fritters.