Healthy Start for Mom & Me relies on a team of caring, understanding individuals who have a passion for helping parents and babies get a healthy start.
Our program team includes:
- Outreach staff who lead groups, start discussions and support parents, and can meet with you outside of group
- Community dietitians who provide nutritional advice and help with food preparation and feeding tips
- Public health nurses who answer questions about mom and baby health, weigh babies and support moms through their pregnancy and parenting challenges
- Volunteers who prepare recipes and look after older kids while parents and babies participate in groups – all while gaining work skills and connecting with participants
- Interpreters who provide language support for New Canadians and non-English speaking participants
We report to a volunteer Board of Directors, who steer the direction of our programs and ensure we meet the needs of our communities.
Chair: Sheryl Bates Dancho
Secretary: Tedda Sandercock
Treasurer: Cathy Huang
Members at Large: Linda Abraham; Corinne Eisenbraun; Saina Fan; Felicia Sinclair; Sandra Mendell; Linda Ulrich; Lori Smelski
Ex-officio: Davorka Moni