Healthy Start for Mom & Me is a place where healthy lives begin.
We help new parents and parents-to-be learn about healthy parenting, raising healthy babies and making healthy choices.
Each group, we tackle topics that affect many parents’ everyday lives – challenges of pregnancy, coping with change as a new parent, sleeping, feeding and more.
Our program team – an outreach worker, Registered Dietitian and a public/community health nurse – are here for our families. The goal of each week’s program is to meet the needs of our parents. We start the discussion and parents steer it. Our ultimate goal is to help parents find their way and develop healthy habits for both themselves and their kids.
You can share, talk and try new foods. And – most importantly – we help parents and babies get a healthy start.
Here are some ways our participants’ babies are getting healthy starts:
- Parents feeding their babies in the healthiest way possible
- Babies are being born at a healthier weight
- Participants receive milk and egg coupons, prenatal vitamins and vitamin D (if needed)
- Parents feel safe asking questions about raising kids
- Participants are also connected to other community agencies
- New Canadians find belonging and receive information in their language